Terms and Conditions
CC CAR PARKS p.l.c
Sliema Multi – Storey Car Park Terms & Conditions
Entry to and use of the car park is subject to these terms and conditions.
Any reference in these terms and conditions to CC Car Parks p.l.c. shall include any representative appointed as its agent to provide any part of the services.
A. General Terms for All Car Park Users
1. ‘Customer’ shall mean any person who having control of or driving a vehicle uses the car park and shall include his servants , agents , contractors’ , licencees or any person authorized or appearing to be authorized to act on his or her behalf or representing him or her.
2. ‘Vehicle’ shall mean any mechanically propelled device on wheels, but excludes trailers , caravans and vehicles whose height exceeds the entry restriction at the car park controlled by CC Car Parks p.l.c.
3. ‘Car Park’ shall mean the Multi-Storey Car Park at 16 High Street Sliema SLM1548.
4. ‘Tariffs’ shall mean the parking fees payable by customers,as may be varied from time to time at the absolute discretion of CC Car Parks p.l.c, which shall be as displayed on the tariff board at the car park and/or the Car Park website. Customers are obliged to pay the fee and to comply with any instructions on the tariff board or other information boards inside the car park.
5. CC Car Parks p.l.c. provides only a place to park in return for payment and cannot guarantee the security of customers’ vehicles and their contents. CC Car Parks p.l.c. does not accept liability for any damage to or loss of vehicles or their contents and customers agree and understand that they enter and use the car park at their own risk.
6. The customer agrees to indemnify CC Car Parks p.l.c in respect of any claim made by a third party arising out of the negligence of the customer.
7. The customer shall not at any time tow any vehicle into the car park nor shall he or his servants or his agents effect any repairs , renovations , additions or alterations , to any vehicle whilst it is parked in the car park.
8. The customer shall not at any time at the car park sell , hire , exhibit for sale or conduct any negotiations whatsoever in respect of any vehicle accessories and equipment or any articles contained in or on the vehicle.
9. Unless otherwise specified in writing any ticket issued by CC Car Parks p.l.c. is not transferable.
10. A ticket shall not entitle the customer to any particular space in the car park nor to priority over other customers.
11. Any customer who loses their ticket shall be charged at the full 24 hour maximum rate shown on the tariff board for each and every day or part thereof that the vehicle has been in the car park.
12. Any person who drives a vehicle into the car park is liable to pay the advertised charges in full unless they hold a current and valid long term passcard.
13. Customers must park their vehicle wholly within the designated parking bay. Failure to do so may result in your vehicle being clamped or issued with a penalty ticket.
14. The staff at the car park have the right to perform their duties free from verbal or physical abuse from the users of this facility. Any incidents of this nature will be reported to the police and offenders will be prosecuted.
15. CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to remove customers who verbally or physically abuse any member of staff or members of the public.
16. CCTV is in operation at this car park and recorded material may be used as evidence to support prosecution of those engaged in criminal activity or other incidents of note. CC Car Parks p.l.c. does not guarantee that the CCTV will be working at all times or, even if they are working, that they will be effective in preventing loss, damage or theft or in identifying who might be to blame.
17. Smoking is prohibited throughout all parts of the car park.
18. Customers or users of the car park found damaging the car park including all associated equipment located within the car park will be reported to the Police and prosecuted for criminal damage and civil action will be undertaken to recover the cost for fixing any damaged element of the car park.
19. By accepting a ticket customers confirm that they have read and understood the terms and conditions of the Car Park.
20. Failure to comply with any of the above terms and conditions may result in your vehicle being clamped, towed away or issued with a penalty ticket. Clamped vehicles will be subject to a clamp release fee at the rate applicable at the time.
B. SAFETY IN THE CAR PARK AND SECURITY OF VEHICLES
21. Customers are strongly advised to secure and lock their vehicles and remove all possessions. CC Car Parks p.l.c. will take no responsibility for any loss or damage.
22. In the case of damage to or theft of or from a vehicle whilst in the car park customers are advised to notify their insurers and the police promptly. CC Car Parks p.l.c. does not accept any liability whatsoever in respect of loss or damage due to theft or vandalism and the customer indemnifies CC Car Parks p.l.c. from any such claim.
23. Upon discovery of an incident within the car park customers should report it directly to the car park staff on duty and they should fill out the incident report log provided at the office.
24. If a customer damages the property of a third party or CC Car Parks p.l.c. , the customer must report the incident immediately to a member of staff , supplying details of the damage.
25. CC Car Parks p.l.c shall not be liable in respect of any death , personal injury , loss or damage sustained by any person entering the car park howsoever the same may be caused, unless caused by the negligence of or breach of statutory duty by CC Car Parks p.l.c.
26. Customers are asked to drive carefully and obey any directions given by signs, markings or staff. After parking , customers and their passengers are asked to make their way directly to the nearest pedestrian exit and proceed to the street.
C. ACCESS, RE-LOCATION AND CLAMPING
27. Non Passcardholders may only park for a maximum period of 14 consecutive days before settling payment of the outstanding tariff and removing the vehicle, unless CC Car Parks p.l.c. is advised beforehand. The vehicle may then be returned to the car park whereupon this condition will apply again. If the vehicle remains in the car park for more than 14 consecutive days without payment of relevant parking charges, the vehicle will be treated as “abandoned” and either clamped or towed away from the premises. Clamped vehicles will be subject to a clamp release fee at the rate applicable at the time and any other applicable charges.
28. We reserve the right to hold customers’ vehicles until we have received payment for all parking charges due to us and we reserve the right to refuse to release any vehicle until those charges have been paid.
29. If you intend to leave your vehicle in the car park for more than 14 days we recommend that you notify us of your intention to do so and pay for the facility in advance.
30. CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to assign specific bays for particular uses.
31. CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to refuse admission to its car parks particularly in the case of vehicles carrying dangerous loads or livestock. Moreover CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to remove from the car park or move within the car park any vehicle by whatever method we consider reasonable.
32. CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to clamp any vehicle that is parked in contravention of these terms and conditions or if we reasonably believe you intend to leave the car park without paying the accrued parking charges relating to your vehicle.
33. The car park is able to accommodate vehicles not larger than 4.0 metres (length) , 2.0 metres (width) and 2.0 metres (height). Vehicles exceeding the dimensions listed will not be allowed to enter the car park or be requested to leave the car park .
D. Additional Terms for Passcard Holders
34a. A Passcard holder is guaranteed a space but shall not be entitled to any particular space in the car park. Passcards shall remain the property of CC Car Parks p.l.c. to which they shall be surrendered upon expiry.
34b. All Passcardholders or their representatives are to provide the Car Park management with details of the 1. Passcardholders name 2. Vehicle Registration Number 3. 24 HR Contact Information. Any changes to the information should be forwarded to the Car Park management as soon as possible.
34c. Passcards may only be used by the user listed as per details outlined in clause 34b above. Only a single passcard will be issued to each passcardholder and Passcards are not transferable.
34d. For Passcard Holders a vehicle will be treated as “abandoned” where the vehicle remains in the car park for a period of 14 days after the Passcard has expired. The vehicle will be removed from the premises 7 days after a final warning letter or email is sent to the postal or email address on record.
35a. Any Passcard Holder with a valid passcard whose vehicle enters the car park and remains parked for 60 consecutive days or more without leaving the car park (even if the passcard term has not expired) shall automatically incur a storage surcharge. The price of the surcharge is currently €1.00 for every day that the vehicle remains inside the car park after the expiry of the initial 60 days. The Passcard will only be reactivated following settlement of the surcharge.
35b. The management also reserve the right to remove without prior warning any vehicles from the premises which have been parked inside for 14 consecutive days if the owner’s contact details for the vehicle in question have not been provided, updated or included in the list as per clause 34b. above and thus as a result the vehicle cannot be traced to any passcardholder. In this case the vehicle will be treated in the same way that a normal non member vehicle would be treated (refer to clause 27). Passcardholders or their representatives are strongly urged to note the importance of adhering to the instructions outlined in clause 34b.
36. If a passcardholder fails to present his/her passcard when using the car park they will be charged the relevant parking charge without refund.
37. It is expressly stated that the long term passcard facility does not form a tenancy agreement between the customer and CC Car Parks p.l.c..
38. Passcardholders who experience difficulty when using their passcard upon entering the car park should not take a daily paper ticket (unless otherwise advised to do so by a member of staff) but should instead alert a member of staff.
39. Passcardholders who experience difficulty when using their passcard upon exiting the car park should also alert a member of staff before leaving.
40. Passcard holders who require 24/7 access should request operating instructions from a member of staff.
41. Passcard holders who enter the car park by using a daily parking paper ticket instead of their passcard will not be allowed to exit the car park without paying the relevant tariff on the daily parking ticket which is not refundable .
42. Passcard holders who lose their passcards after entering the car park with a passcard will be required to pay the administrative fee in effect at the time (currently €5.00 per passcard) for a replacement card plus the payment of a full daily tariff. The payment of the full daily tariff is not refundable.
43. Passcard Holders who lose their Passcards will be charged the replacement fee in effect at the time (currently €5.00) per replacement.
44. Passcard Holders should park their vehicles within the designated parking bays , failure to do so will result in the vehicle being clamped and/or a full day’s term being deducted from the passcard holder’s parking term.
45. Any vehicles belonging to Passcard holders left inside the car park for more than 14 days (in the case of an expired passcard or a passcardholder whose details as per clause 34 b have not been provided or updated) and 60 days (in all other cases) will be treated as per the terms outlined in clauses 34 d , 35 a and 35 b in section D (above).
46. CC Car Parks p.l.c. reserves the right to terminate customer Passcards if said Passcard customers verbally or physically abuse any member of staff or members of the public.
47. All Passcard holders are required to complete an application form.
E. CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS FOR STANDARD PASSCARD HOLDERS
48. Standard passcards are sold on Monthly , Quarterly or Annual terms depending on the customer’s choice. As a standard rule Passcards are non refundable.
49. Weekly , Discounted or Promotional priced tickets (eg Pre Paid One day Tickets) are also non-refundable.
50. Customers paying the Passcard tariff and / or storage surcharge must pay all invoices promptly and in advance.
51. If any of these terms and conditions are found to be illegal or unenforceable the offending part shall be disregarded and the rest of the terms and conditions shall remain operative.
52. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time at the sole discretion of CC Car Parks p.l.c.